12,000 years ago, the world of Filgaia was a land immersed in technology far beyond anything found in the present day. For reasons unknown, however, the citizens of this advanced culture suddenly abandoned their technology, leaving the future of the human race to live in a comparatively primitive state. All that remained of this once great civilization were some scattered mechanical parts and the occasional remnants of a legendary golem—huge mechanical devices built to serve mankind. While use of the old technology remained mostly out of reach, there were some who had begun to research the ancient devices, seeking even the faintest hope of enriching their lives on this desolate world.
The situation changed dramatically about a hundred years ago when a new race known as the Veruni arrived on the planet. Although similar in appearance to humans, the Veruni's superior physical attributes and advanced technology allowed them to quickly establish dominance over mankind. The human race found itself relegated to second-class status, and many citizens were forced to perform hard labor day in and day out in order to survive.
Fast-forward to the present day. In a small town called Capo Bronco on the outskirts of Filgaia, two youths, Dean Stark and Rebecca Streisand, witness an unbelievable event—the giant arm of a golem somehow falling from the sky. Their disbelief grows further when they discover that within the clenched fist of the golem's hand lies a girl with little recollection of her past other than her name—"Avril." This chance encounter inspires Dean and Rebecca to travel with Avril across the wastelands of Filgaia in hopes of helping her regain her lost memories. Little do they know their journey will eventually decide the fate of all mankind.
- Return of the acclaimed HEX battle system, with all-new features such as interchangeable abilities between party members, varied battlefield layouts, and the ability to switch party members during battle.
- Huge, fully explorable 3D world with tons of hidden items, quests, and mini-games to discover.
- Dual pistol-wielding allows the player to shoot various types of bullets to solve puzzles, joining the returning action elements of jumping, sliding, and stomping on the field map.
- Highly-detailed 3D event scenes with voice-overs.
- Dozens of cameo appearances and other surprises for longtime fans of the series.
|No. of Disks